Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about our voice over training? Take a look at some of the comment frequently asked questions below.
Voice Over Training FAQs
How do I attend a group class or a webinar using Zoom?
If you are not familiar with Zoom, here are links and detailed instructions for you.
Get ready for class:
- Watch this step by step guide to attending a Zoom class or webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzk4vdTIi0c
- Webcam – make sure that you have a functioning webcam. This will either be built in to existing your computer, or they can be separately purchased online or at an electronics store. You can also attend a Zoom class on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Headphones – Please wear a headset or headphones for class. This will help reduce background noise for the group, as well as feedback and echo effects.
- Internet Connection – please ensure that you have a reliable internet connection and are attending the class from a strong internet source. The GVAA is not responsible for any technical issues or spotty video due to poor internet connectivity.
- Not Sure on Start Time? Check Your Time Zone: If you’re in a different time zone than PST or EST, you can check your time zone for the appropriate class start time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Makes Notes During Class or Record Your Own Audio – the GVAA treats Zoom classes like live classes. They are not recorded with the exception of specific instances when an attendee must cancel class due to an emergency. We also will record a class for you if you can attend all class dates except one, and you still want to join the class. You may record your own audio from your computer during class time, so that you can hear your work back later. Please be aware that all classes are CONFIDENTIAL. Please respect your classmates along with GVAA intellectual property by not posting ANY MATERIAL FROM CLASS to the internet. The applies to sharing curriculum note with any other sources. Recordings are for personal use and study purposes only.
- Come Early! – Please be prompt for class and feel free to login early. The video hangout will be opened at least 5-10 minutes prior to class start time to allow everyone to trickle in.
How do I create an account?
During your first purchase with GVAA, you’ll be able to create an account.
Where can I see the voice over coaching team information at the Global Voice Acting Academy?
To view details about our voice over coaching team, along with their bios and relevant services, please go to the Our Team page
How do I make a payment?
All that is required to make a payment is an active Paypal account or credit card. At checkout, you will be prompted to pay by logging into Paypal to complete the transaction.
Where can I view my account history and past purchases?
Once you have created an account and set up your profile, you can view your account history and past purchases by going to My Account
Does the Global Voice Acting Academy offer voice over demo production?
Yes, the Global Voice Acting Academy offers full service voice over demo production in every voice over genre. For more information go to our voice over demo production page
What are the benefits of becoming a paying member?
You can view the benefits of becoming a Member, as well as purchase your subscription, on the Membership product page
What is your cancellation policy?
See this link.